Monday 29 April 2013

Basement Progress

Our basement still looks like a hot mess...

But projects are have gotten done. We still have sooooo much to do still. But I can show you what we have done so far.

We re-painted the walls Glidden's Autumn Haze:




Then we planked the fireplace wall:

Here's what it looks like today:


That wall looks nuts right now. I know. But I have a big picture in my head. We will be re-facing the fireplace and possibly putting built in's on either side. 
I want the basement to have a rustic/farmhouse/nautical feel.

But we love how bright and cozy it feels anyway. We have a mix of area rugs on the floor temporarily. Once we built a hearth on the fireplace then we can pick some carpet to be installed.



Much better, don't you think??
We are so glad to be able to go down there and use it. 

Slowly but surely we are getting things done all over this house :)

2 comments:

  1. I love the planks around the fireplace Sherry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julia :)
      I can't wait until it's done and the fireplace covered to look proper.
      I hope it looks kinda like this:
      http://www.pinterest.com/pin/20055160813993509/

      Delete