Tuesday 14 January 2014

DIY TV Console/Storage Unit

Our basement is coming along slowly. I never want to be down there because I HATE looking at the mess.
After building our fireplace surround, I finally convinced my wonderful hubby to built a TV unit for his TV and all the components. I told him what I wanted and drew a picture. He made it come to life.



Basically he used MDF and built a box for each component. Then I painted the whole thing white.




He also made a wood top for it. I stained it Minwax Dark Walnut (the same as the fireplace mantel).

I would like to get boxes or baskets to put all the DVD's in, but one step at a time ;)





We also re-painted the room. I decided on Sherwin Williams Oyster Bay.


I will have to do a whole room post soon. Then you can see how it's all looking now. No where near "completed" but it's much more enjoyable to be down there now.



By the way, if anyone needs something like (or the fireplace) this built, my handy hubby is for hire.

Linking up with The Happy Housie, The Blissful Bee, Place of My Taste & The Turquoise Home

No comments:

Post a Comment